Industrial R & D
Supporting and conducting industrial research and development
Facilitating project roll-out
We are known for the support we provide businesses. The CRBM team supports the innovation process throughout the various activities:
- Feasibility and opportunity studies to identify or enhance the technology being developed;
- Setting up R & D projects and supporting project financing requests;
- Consulting with regulatory agencies to specify licensing expectations for upcoming products and to plan development project activities that produce relevant results for product registration;
- Freedom-to-operate innovation studies to ensure innovation is truly developed and that there are no patent infringements or breaches of trade secrets;
- Technology monitoring to identify new development opportunities;
- Techno-economic assessment of processes, products or testing methodologies.
Ensuring high-quality raw materials
Developing microbial culture processes
Studying valuable properties of a product or extract
Using the biomass, extraction, chemical change and formulation testing may be performed to obtain products. Projects may include purification and bioassay guided fractionation to produce new extracts and bioactive derivatives.
The CRBM team has the knowledge to develop in vitro bioassays to evaluate various biological properties of extracts and active molecules. Various testing platforms have been developed at the CRBM to identify and evaluate anti-cancer, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory or biocidal properties of new ingredients.
Successfully developing a process and transitioning to pilot-scale
Our team works on developing and optimizing pilot-scale production.
Some examples include conditioning active ingredients and formulated products. A number of technologies are used, such as drying, grinding, separating, hydrolysis and extraction to filtration, centrifuging and homogenization techniques.
Our team also works on developing prototype production processes in order to generate finished products for customer market testing.